Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

nikkor 60mm reversed. how to keep f stop open?

Started by crowey89 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

nikkor 60mm reversed. how to keep f stop open?

5 posts
  1. Most lenses keep the f stop "wide open"

    This one will keep it completely shut at f22. Impossible for focusing uw.

    Any tips to keep it Open without damaging the element?

  2. When I use the revers lens I use the AFD Nikon with the aperture gear. With the "G" series without aperture gear you can use a littel piece of plastic or Papar on the aperture lever on the graft side for open the apertiure and have more light for focusing. The problem is the very close depth of field.

    Edited by cristiansub
  3. Thanks...I'll see if I can stop it at around 7.1 >.<

  4. On Canon I think what you do is set the f-stop where you want it on the camera and focus on something and hold the DOF preview button then disconnect the lens.

    Try it.

    Bill

  5. Thanks bill. This lens will not do that way.

    Cheers!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.