Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Tripod or muck stick

Started by Dbuky ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Tripod or muck stick

4 posts
  1. I have a Sony AX100 with a Gates housing. I shoot wrecks and large animals. I am traveling to the Phillipines to shoot macro (something I'm not used too) I have a tripod for the housing but it's quite large. I have a friend that shoots still and says all I need is a muck stick. What are some thoughts to stabilize at high zoom for macro, tripod or muck stick. Thanks in advance.

  2. The muck stick will not be sufficient for video; it stabilizes some vertical movement, but essentially no horizontal movement.

    Short tripods are sufficient, like the ones made from three strobe arms. Better yet if one of the arms is extendable.

  3. For good video you will need a tripod as per tursiops comment.

  4. Thank you. I have one and I will use it.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.