Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Printer Settings

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Printer Settings

5 posts
  1. Anyone got any tips for printing underwater images.

     

    I am pretty sure my printer and monitor are close to being callibrated properly, as my land shots come out great. Epson 1280 printer

     

    I was trying to print some of my open blue shots this past weekend and I cannot seem to get the blue to print correctly. It has a purple cast to it on the print.

     

    I tried converting to CMYK, using Epsons natural color, etc.....I just cannot seem to get the blue that shows on my monitor to print that way.

     

    I would love to here what you all are doing when you print to get the ocean deep blues?

     

    Bob

     

    PS I did send a few to sams and got some 4x6 prints, they came out perfect. So I would think it has to be something in my printer setup.

  2. Bob,

     

    What type of paper are you printing on? I had similar problems when printing to Kodak paper. All my problems were gone once I switched over to Epson paper. I personally like the Premium Glossy Photo Paper and, of course, using Epson inks.

  3. thats the paper I have been using!

     

    Bummer. I will figure it out, after about 100 bux worth of paper and ink!

     

    :)

  4. The blue to purple color shift is a very common occurance when you have the wrong settings in photoshop. By default, photoshop is set to SRGB, which has a much smaller color gammut. It tends to push the blues over to purple when you make the print out of your epson. If you use a larger working color space, your blue's will print out right. In photoshop go to Edit / Color Settings menue. In the RGB menue change it to "ColorMatch RGB" This should solve all of your future problems but you might have to convert your older images over to the new color space. Every one was having your problems when Photoshop moved from version 4 to version 5.

     

    By the way, always leave your photo's in RGB and don't convert it to CYMK. Even though all printers use CYMK, you will only get accurate colors when you print them out in a RGB color space. The printers, make the color converstions on th fly. Pluse, monitors can only show you an RGB image, so you could never try to out smart your printer by converting your image to CYMK and fixing your blues. Basicly, anything you do in CYMK can only be seen when you actually make a print and can never really be seen on an RGB monitor.

     

    Welcome to wonderful world of color management hell. If you have any more questions, give me a buzz 212-683-3131.

  5. Thanks for the help. I will try that tonight!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.