This is made in 2016 with 2008 30i HDV footage which I deinterlaced then slowed down from 60p to 30p (before the mother and calf, which is real-time).
I hope it conveys some of the sense of awe of swimming with these magnificent animals.
Feedback, positive or negative, is welcome.
Absolutely nailed it dude! That is some amazing footage and i also think the soundtrack goes very well. I used to manage a small dive resort on Eua island, south east of Tongatapu, and i can honestly say getting in the water with these guys changed my life! Theres not many animals you encounter that seem just as curious about you are you as of them, it's a true feeling of connection.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks Grant. Yes, it's a very special feeling being in the water with them and sharing their space.
Wow, wonderful footage, thanks Nick. Very moving. What a great way to start my day.
Thanks Swift. Glad it hits the spot
Geez, it's starting to feel like everyone except me has been to Tonga this year! :-(
Seriously though, that is some great footage. Well done. Thanks for sharing your experience