Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Strobes necessary for snorkeling?

Started by kirispupis ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobes necessary for snorkeling?

2 posts
  1. I'm looking to purchase some form of housing and I'm wondering whether I need strobes for my situation. This is in an effort to keep the initial budget down. Basically

     

    - Snorkeling only. No diving.

    - Subjects are all close to the surface - no more than 4-5 feet down

    - Macro and wide angle

     

    Will I be able to get by without strobes?

  2. Hey Kris

     

    Yeah, I'd suggest you'll get away without strobes if you're only shooting wide-angle 4-5 feet down as long as you've got some sun overhead. If it's overcast or cloudy you may have problems.

     

    Im not sure you'll be able to do much macro whilst snorkelling. Macro tends to require you to stay steadily in one position while focusing on some small critter and you do usually need a strobe.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.