Hi everyone, just got a sony a55 DSLR and I really would like to get a housing unit for it. Unfortunetly since it is kind of old I cant seem to find any cases to purchase. If anyone has a used housing unit for it I would be interested in purchasing it. Thanks !
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
Housing for Sony a55 DSLR
-
-
Hi, I've got the Ikelite housing for the A55. Last serviced 2014 and in good condition, very minor corrosion visible only where it doesn't matter (things like the 'inner' faces of the metal plates which form the latch hooks, visible thru the plastic). It does have the 'newer' format 4-clips for the ports and the newer red-and-black handle/tray setup, and the top ball mount fitting.
Heading off for a dive vacation with it in a couple weeks. I suspect this trip will be my last with the A55 as mine's getting kind of balky, doesn't always power on right immediately and occasionally gives errors, needs to be power cycled to clear. While I could probably get another body...I've got the itch for upgrades anyway. After this trip I'll ping you again if you're still looking. Likely mid-to-late July timeframe.
If so I'd sell the housing with a non-modular dome that should be suitable for the kit 17-70mm lens (I have that lens as well if you don't), and the tray/handle set too. I've got a couple other ports but as I might end up upgrading to another Ike housing (considering A7mk2 series for next camera) I will likely keep those until I decide.
One caution - the A55 was the first generation SLT (A33 and A55) and has a firmware peculiarity with manual flash sync, so be sure you plan to rig up with TTL connectivity in terms of strobes. Do a search on my name - I whine about it all the time. There's also recent images of the housing with some of my mods (nothing destructive, they all attach to the handle or to arms) in the DIY forum here.
-
Was curious if you ever sold your Ikelite housing for your a55? And accompanying parts? I can be reached at(573) 216-3458.