Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

A7R II and FE 90mm Underwater -- first dive with Sony

Started by Swordfish ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

A7R II and FE 90mm Underwater -- first dive with Sony

4 posts
  1. First time to take the A7R II down at the weekend. It was a bit challenging to use the FE 90mm in low light underwater, but maybe I need more practice. When it did focus, the results were very good. I had a housed 5D II before but used it exclusively for wide shots.

    Mantis shrimp:

    27339012225_f556214f13_o.jpg

    Goby on whip coral:

    27253779231_9efe505f08_o.jpg

    Squid during night dive:

    27063771860_3f8dcac866_o.jpg

  2. I have found that this lens becomes more user friendly after a few outings. I use the 0.5 to 1:1 focus limiting setting when using the lens as most of my subjects of choice seem to fall within this range. I also use the Nauticam SMC-1 with this lens. I will be using this equipment in the Philippines next month along with the new Zeiss 18mm and a Canon 8-15mm fisheye zoom.

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  3. Wow really nice pics mate! I had a look on this thread as I am considering getting this lens for my next setup. The detail is very sharp and is cementing my inclination to get it.

  4. Wow....the detail in that mantis shrimp's eye! So cool!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.