Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Two fish from the Revillagigedos Archipelago

Started by chowe ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Two fish from the Revillagigedos Archipelago

4 posts
  1. The first fish pic was taken off San Benedicto Island. I have no clue.

     

    The second is a Chub that they see sometimes. This was taken off Socorro Island. The Blue-Bronze Chub, Kyphosus analogus was plentiful here and I'm wondering does anyone know if this is just a color variation or a different species.

     

    Thankspost-51812-0-26965000-1464909465_thumb.jpgpost-51812-0-16028100-1464909468_thumb.jpg

  2. Thanks Bart,

     

    There is a lot of variation with this fish over there and when I took the pics that was what I thought I was taking a picture of. But when I looked at them once I got home I wasn't so sure. The Humann, Deloach book says there should also be a Black blotch on the upper base of the tail. Some of the variations there weren't black but they did have a blotch. Also all the others had defined large white spots.

     

    Craig

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.