Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Best housing for D7200?

Started by mugdiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Best housing for D7200?

6 posts
  1. Now that I've made the decision to buy the D7200 :dancing: I'm wondering which housing to go for... Hesitating between Hugyfot (supplier is not far), Aquatica (seems to have good reviews) and Seacam (only because I already have the domes for it... but no idea of the price... probably too expensive). Any recommendations would be appreciated ;-). Thanks

  2. Hey

     

    Congrats on the D7200.

     

    The usual advice on a housing is, where possible, to go and see them, feel them and play with them. Which feels best? Which does what you want? if it does't do what you want, does that matter? Which can you afford!? They have a really personal feel to them.

     

    It can be difficult to try them out. If you have a dealer near you (?Hugyfot) that is an excellent start.

  3. Hi Orca, your advice is sound but I live on a small island. Even holding the Hugyfot would mean taking a plane... So indeed I will not get the chance of testing/holding the different housings, which is why I rely on the feedback in this group :-).

     

    Thanks Wolf Eel for your input!

  4. Not that I live on an island, but it's a problem I know well. Basically the only manufacturer with good support here in Switzerland is Nauticam, and if you want something else, you're often on your own. "Not in stock" is the common answer to any question. I found a ton of good information here in the forum, and the big internet shops (especially in the US) have very useful videos up on their websites with reviews and demos. When I switched to SLR last year, the final argument was TTL suppport for my S&S strobes, but then, ymmv, you might have other priorities. For me, it took me some time and some emails though to identify those priorities. The top manufacturers all produce solid housing. Some have real fan groups, some have not. Some spend a lot of money on advertising and prominent photographers, some do not. Remember, these are small companies. But some have port charts (and gear) that will suit your choice of lenses and subjects better, and that is what I would look at, for one. And not every housing seems to be suitable in the same way to be worked with gloves. They vary substantively in size and weight, and I built myself carboard boxes to simulate the size aspect, based on the data available on the net. Weight can be important, if you fly a lot (like me).

  5. Hi,

     

    I would suggest you purchase the housing that ergonomically fits your hands the best and has good service.

    I purchased a Subal ND7100 housing for my wife's D7200, she loves it.

    We live on the east coast of the states and have our housing serviced in Florida over 1000 miles away.

     

    Elmer

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.