Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Supermacro light position

Started by Timz ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Supermacro light position

3 posts
  1. Hi, i am using an Olympus E-PL6 with it's original PT-EP10 housing. I am currently shooting with 2 x Archon D11V torches and no strobes.

     

    I was on my last dive trip at Tioman Island, Malaysia last weekend and I manage to spot a Sheep Nudi.

     

    I assembled my Subsee +10 diopter. Somehow, the focus distance is too close and the port was obstructing the light. Have anyone encountered the same problem?

     

    Anyone could help me on how should I get the light to the subject other than Snoot???

     

     

     

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

  2. You want to move the lights forward, as close to the port as possible, then angle them to allow more direct top / side lighting.

     

    I'm not familiar with those lights but in general torches provide a lot less light than strobes, so they need to be close to the subject and you'll have to open up the aperture..

  3. You want to move the lights forward, as close to the port as possible, then angle them to allow more direct top / side lighting.

     

    I'm not familiar with those lights but in general torches provide a lot less light than strobes, so they need to be close to the subject and you'll have to open up the aperture..

     

    Thanks. Maybe I'll get a stronger light. Currently my lights rated at 860Lumens. Slightly warm. I'll try to maximize the lights before going into strobes...

     

    Thanks again

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.