WTB: Flip Diopter Holder / Adapter for 77mm or 67mm port
Started by world.explorer ·
9Posts
9Replies
Read-only discussion
WTB: Flip Diopter Holder / Adapter for 77mm or 67mm port
9 posts
Hello,
I would like to buy a macro lens Flip Diopter Holder / Adapter for a 77mm port.
If I can't find the 77mm version, I would also consider to buy a 67mm holder in order to use it together with a step-down adapter.
New or used is fine.
Please do not offer any 3D printed holders.
Many thanks for any offers.
Hi, are you also advertising on fb? If not, pls pm me.
Hi, are you also advertising on fb? If not, pls pm me.
Yes, I also try to find one via facebook. It seems that yours is a 3D print, but I want to buy one made out of metal
Yes, I also try to find one via facebook. It seems that yours is a 3D print, but I want to buy one made out of metal
Does anyone make a metal one? All the ones I've seen are plastic. They work fine though.
Does anyone make a metal one? All the ones I've seen are plastic. They work fine though.
Hey Tim,
Well the adapters made by Nauticam and i-DAS are at least partly made of metal. I just don't want to buy a printed version since I have bad experiences with two printed GoPro mounts, which broke after couple of uses.
After all, plastic is fine, but not printed plastic, since due to the printing process it is not a solid 'block' of plastic, but more something with many plastic strings. I am happily using printed zoom gears on my lenses and they are really great. However, for the flip adapter I prefer something stronger / more solid. I have build already my own flip adapter out of two step-down adapters and a stainless steel hinge for my last expedition. But after couple of months in use I am not that satisfied with the precision anymore.
Cheers
Hey Tim,
Well the adapters made by Nauticam and i-DAS are at least partly made of metal. I just don't want to buy a printed version since I have bad experiences with two printed GoPro mounts, which broke after couple of uses.
After all, plastic is fine, but not printed plastic, since due to the printing process it is not a solid 'block' of plastic, but more something with many plastic strings. I am happily using printed zoom gears on my lenses and they are really great. However, for the flip adapter I prefer something stronger / more solid. I have build already my own flip adapter out of two step-down adapters and a stainless steel hinge for my last expedition. But after couple of months in use I am not that satisfied with the precision anymore.
Cheers
Oh right, thanks for that, Chris.
Look at the Saga mounts. They are wonderfully made! It's what I use
Cheers, AllisonFinch, but I bought one from i-das last week, so there is no need anymore for another flip adapter
Hey Tim,
Well the adapters made by Nauticam and i-DAS are at least partly made of metal. I just don't want to buy a printed version since I have bad experiences with two printed GoPro mounts, which broke after couple of uses.
After all, plastic is fine, but not printed plastic, since due to the printing process it is not a solid 'block' of plastic, but more something with many plastic strings. I am happily using printed zoom gears on my lenses and they are really great. However, for the flip adapter I prefer something stronger / more solid. I have build already my own flip adapter out of two step-down adapters and a stainless steel hinge for my last expedition. But after couple of months in use I am not that satisfied with the precision anymore.
Cheers
i claim you need to be more worried about the design than the material.
in the past I used a printed (dual) flip adaptor from reefnet for their Subsee diopters. No issues. Solid design. It easily and firmly attached to my camera (Sea & SEA DX1G) and firmly held the diopters.
I moved to a Canon G16 and now use a rotating flip up Deeproof steel mount. It works well, but has a little more flex than my old plastic mount.No issues.