Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic 12mm 1.4 Summilux

Started by Diver4fun ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic 12mm 1.4 Summilux

5 posts
  1. I heard this new M43 lens is coming soon, would it be useful underwater? It seems good for video, maybe a bit too narrow. Just curious, I already have the 25mm 1.4 which I really love, can this lens be used underwater as well? Does it fit in a nauticam port?

     

    Thanks in advance.

  2. I'll be very interested in this lens too. Shame it has no OIS thou.

  3. I think that for UW use it's really narrow. Even with a multi-aspect sensor of an old GH2.

    On a GH4 in 4K its FOV would be even narrower. For land use, current Olympus 12mm is a terrific lens already.

     

    M43 lacks of an extreme underwater WA prime lens. Of course 12mm is already extreme for typical land use. I would like to see a 10mm rectilinear and a fisheye lens less extreme than current 8mm. A sort of M43 Tokina 10-17mm...

     

    Ok, I wake up :crazy:

     

    EDIT:

    1300 USD.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1259339-REG/panasonic_h_x012_leica_dg_summilux_12mm_f1_4.html

    Edited by Davide DB
  4. Way more expensive than I expected, let's keep dreaming :)

  5. I do use the 25mm pany underwater. I use it for fish portraits. I use it in a port that I use my 60 mm in (which is not the right port) but it takes at times really nice fish portrait shots. I have a Nauticam housing. On land it is an astounding lens. Crisp and fast.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.