Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What about iTorch M52 UWL-04 Lens 28mm and the Olympus TG4?

Started by Hugh Sakols ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

What about iTorch M52 UWL-04 Lens 28mm and the Olympus TG4?

2 posts
  1. I'm slowly getting back into diving and am planning to spend a couple of weeks this summer in Hawaii. If I was diving every weekend I would get a housing for my Olympus micro 4/3 camera and lenses, but after finding a good wide angle option, this set-up will cost more than I can justify. I've read that Olympus TG4 does a pretty good job with close-ups / macro. Of course I would need a wet lens for getting wide shots. What about using the TG4 with iTorch M52 UWL-04 Lens 28mm. It would seem to me that this would be a good compromise for someone who is not in the water every weekend.

     

    www.yosemitecollection.com

  2. The TG4 is a very good all round camera at great value! For general use and carrying around with you it's definitely very practical. However you can not shoot in full manual which personally i find very frustrating when trying to balance external lighting. The automatic underwater modes are simple and effective. The macro capability is good but i can't comment much on the wide angle with wet lense as i have no experience with this set up. Other options to look at are the canon G16, canon G7X, Sony RX100 models. These are more expensive but offer a little more flexibility.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.