Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Direct to CD burners????

Started by lnewby ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Direct to CD burners????

3 posts
  1. Direct to CD burners????

    Has anyone used any of the direct to CD burners that have come out recently, some have been around awhile? I have a digital wallet which is small and saves me from carrying a laptop, but it is still a hard drive. Some people carry the laptop as much to burn a CD as to review. I have no problem reviewing on my camera and think burning the 512mg card to a high quality photo CD directly would be a good idea over my 20 gig digital wallet, which is 4 years old and pretty slow by today’s standards. I won’t go back to carrying a laptop but I do have a Dell 300m which is tiny it just takes up valuable space and adds complexity.

     

    I thought a direct to CD burner backed up by my digital wallet may be an option and is still much smaller than my little laptop.

     

    Anyone using one? Which brand?

  2. I'm using a RoadStor CD burner. I picked it up about a month ago. It is pretty easy, just pop in a CD, pop in the CF card, and hit the backup button twice. It writes a multi-session backup of everything on the CF card (will take other type, too). Its pretty cool, though I wish it was a DVD burner instead of CD.

     

    Cp

  3. I've had one of the first Addonics burners (same as Roadstore?) for almost a year with no problems burning CF type 1 & 2, microdrive cards plus SD and Xd cards from cameras I rent out. I burn 10-20 CDs a week with it and more when on vacation. Has a small rechargable battery pack that works for 30-40 burns w/o a recharge. Great unit. Would reccommend it to anyone.

     

    Just ordered a Belkin card reader for my iPod. Will let everyone know how it works after a few uses.

     

    Doug

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.