Anyone Mount a GoPro release plate to large Dome Shade?
Started by jxo ·
4Posts
4Replies
Read-only discussion
Anyone Mount a GoPro release plate to large Dome Shade?
4 posts
Also Posted on the DSLR housing forum.
I have the large Ikelite port dome with shade. I mount a GoPro either on the strobe arm or on the housing top. I have noticed a few divers with the GoPro quick release plate affixed to the top of similar dome port shades. This would free up the housing for other stuff, like focus lights.
Has anyone mounted a GoPro to their dome shade in this manner? How? Pros and Cons of mounting here?
Thanks.
Curious to hear a reply on this.. I too am thinking of doing this on my Dome port. They do make a Cold Sync Port that fixes to a Macro lens port, I don't see why you couldn't fit that to a dome port to.
Let me know what you find out. I wanna do this too!
-Scoobz
I have one stuck to the top of my dome, no issues at all
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured this out after a little more research!
I found the perfect part on Amazon. It's a cold shoe mount that you could epoxy wherever you want it.