Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Looking for lens adapter ring for Sea&Sea DX-1G/2G

Started by banjobees ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Looking for lens adapter ring for Sea&Sea DX-1G/2G

3 posts
  1. This allows attachment of close-up lens to the DX-1G or DX-2G.

    It is Sea&Sea part number SS-58119.

    Also interested in close-up lens: Sea&Sea 125, part SS-52119, if I can find the adapter.

    I am in Seattle, WA, USA

  2. not exactly what you asked for, but i have a Reefnet Dual Flip Subsea adapter that fits the DX-1G. The adapter will hold 2 close up lens

  3. Thanks again for your help.

    I also wondered about the utility of a diopter for the DX 1G/2G cameras since they focus so close, but thought that since Sea&Sea sold them, they might be of some use.

     

    Rather than spend much money to try one, I got a Sea&Sea 125 close-up lens (which I believe is ~8 diopter) that came with an adapter for Sea&Sea DX-1200 for $25. The adapter needed extensive modification with a Dremel, but I was able to fashion it into a press-on fitting for the DX-1G/2G. (It doesn't 'lock' like the dedicated bayonet fitting, but I will have a lanyard to catch it if it falls off). It will at least be worth a try -

    post-47291-0-16319000-1467238571_thumb.jpg

    post-47291-0-56721000-1467238588_thumb.jpg

    post-47291-0-45194200-1467238616_thumb.jpg

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.