Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Exif info in Photoshop

Started by alien-bob ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Exif info in Photoshop

1 posts
  1. Does anyone know whether the exif info that photoshop displays is the whole enchilada, or are there other fields that the camera (CP5000 in my case) records and that photoshop doesn't display.

     

    The main thing I'm confused about is "exposure bias value." This is always 0.0 in my exif files, although I am sure that while I was diving I was using exposure compensation extensively. Is this field supposed to report the +/- setting? -- If so, I have a problem somewhere as last week I was taking pics of some very black and very white dogs which needed over and under exposure. The +/- control clearly works as I got the exposures I wanted, but again the exposure bias value for these shots is also always 0.0 in the exif.

     

    On a related note. How do I copy the exif info to a text file? In photoshop the exif info is displayed in a panel of the browser window, but I cannot select the text in that panel, so can't cut and paste. Any ideas?

     

    Thanks,

    Bob.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.