Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus Pt-E06L With AOI Acrylic Semi-Dome Port DLP-04P

Started by Vimal ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus Pt-E06L With AOI Acrylic Semi-Dome Port DLP-04P

8 posts
  1. Hi,

    I recently got into underwater photography.

    I use a Olympus camera E-PM1 in Olympus Pt-E06L housing with 14-42mm lens.

    I looking at changing the port to AOI Acrylic Semi-Dome Port DLP-04P which

    can accomodate lenses like 14-42mm, 9-18mm lens and also 60mm Macro lens.

     

    Has anyone tried this port on their Olympus housing with different lens combo.

    How was the results ? Is it worth a investment for using with wide and macro lenses?

    Thanks in advance for your time.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  2. Hello! I haven't used the AOI port. However, I am selling a Zen glass port & Oly 9-18mm lens. I used it twice and also used it with my Oly 60mm macro. Both lenses produced quality images with the port.

     

    If you're interested, please shoot me a message

     

    Cheers.

  3. Hi Chris,

    Thanks for pointing to the other thread. Lot of info there.

     

    As I am just starting in uw photography and budget was a constraint, AOI with half the price tag of ZEN looked

    like a good option.

     

    My main worries are

    1)Image quality when shooting with 9-18mm wide and 60mm macro. Looking for a reasonable quality with low priced port.

    2)Working distance while using 60mm macro in the semi-dome port.

    I am guessing working distance will be more compared to dedicated Macro port and

    also I wont be able to add any macro wet lens later.

     

    Did you had any limitation in working with Zen semi-dome port and 60mm macro combo ?

     

     

    Hi Kent,

    Thanks for the info. I will message you.

  4. For half the price, I'd probably go with the AOI.

    I never was able to find exact specs for comparison, but I think they are essentially the same.

     

    No, you won't be able to add a diopter, but with the 60mm, you really don't need it. That's 120mm effective. It's a very zoomed it narrow view. In fact, I have to back off many times to get what I want in the frame.

     

    I'm really a huge advocate of this port with the 9-18 & 60. So much versatility with just a lens change and leave the port alone.

    I got the port for the 8mm specifically to shoot whale sharks. I've enjoyed it and used it for other things also like over & under shots.

    But the last dive trip I took, I used the 9-18, 60 combo 90% of the time.

  5. Thanks Chris. That was very helpful.

    Switiching between the wide and macro lenses without switching the port is a great advantage.

  6. I would check with Kent.

    you might get best of both worlds, nice glass port for less money.

     

    I bought my Zen used from someone and it's still like new, 5 years later.

    Edited by chris_l
  7. Vimal

     

    Check you PM for my reply

     

    Cheers

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.