Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Backscatter Airlock replacement gauge and pump?

Started by lylefk ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Backscatter Airlock replacement gauge and pump?

2 posts
  1. Aloha,

     

    I've got the beloved Airlock system and want to pick up a new gauge (mine quit working) before a trip coming up. Is this possible without buying a whole second system?

     

    I'd also like to get a backup pump just in case. I assume those are wine pumps and can be had via normal sources but are there any favorites out there?

     

    Read the 10 page Airlock thread, no dice.

     

    Thanks for the help!

     

    Lyle

  2. I am sure you can get a spare from Backscatter. Otherwise making your own shouldn't be too hard. Vacuum gauges are $10 from McMaster the rest is just finding the correct plumbing.

    Bill

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.