Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help with Changing fps please

Started by Sl72 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Changing fps please

1 posts
  1. I've just started to video my underwater dives, I have a 4K tv and 4K retena iMac so thought I'd buy a GoPro that shoots 4K, I went with the silver as at the time I though why pay the extra money for 30fps???

    Well now I realise I should of done more research!

    I have just come back from bail with my 4K 15 fps video and I am now starting to see the error of my ways when slowing down the footage

     

    It got me thinking as when I import into GoPro studio it shows 15fps and when I change the settings to 30 fps its halves the time of the clip and double the speed but when I import into iMovie it shows as a 30 fps.

    iMovie apparently only supports 30 fps, it plays at the correct speed so has iMovie converted it to 30 fps by adding a duplicate frame?

     

    If so would the eye recognise this?

     

    Can I render the video to 30 fps without doubling the speed in Photoshop?

     

    Just wanted to know before I have change my GoPro settings or if I can just up the frame rate in post production

     

    Thanks in advance for any help

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.