Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Choice of Strobes For EPL1

Started by rodney.v@optusnet.com.au ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Choice of Strobes For EPL1

2 posts
  1. Help!

     

    I recently flooded my Ikelite/Olympus E-420, so am swapping to using my Olympus EPL1 with the EPTP01 housing.

     

    My problem is that my DS161 strobes wont readily work with the EPL1.

     

    Looking for advice on whether to replace the strobes with a compatible TTL type, or invest in the ikelite fibre optic adaptor and use my DS161's in manual mode.

     

    Any suggestions appreciated.

  2. Hi

     

    I guess you need some help. My advice would be to buy ttl fiber optic strobes but here is a alternative solution. I made this part to hook up two ikelite ds-51 strobes and use them in ttl mode with the olympus housing. You will need a digital adapter and a new strobe cord as well as the part that I made for my system. I think the pictures will explain a lot.

     

    Here is a link to the digital adapter: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=34

     

    post-2195-0-94952200-1469063875_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-08402800-1469063877_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-26782900-1469063878_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-92093400-1469063878_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-48838000-1469063879_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-98730000-1469063879_thumb.jpgpost-2195-0-49499100-1469063880_thumb.jpg

     

    I hope this helps.

     

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.