I currently have an E-PL1 in Olympus housing with a standard port (I have the kit 14-42mm lens and the 60mm macro). I've recently bought an E-PL7 for topside photography and because it was a real steal second hand.
My question - I'd like to have one rigged up for wide angle and the other for macro so I can swap on a dive with my long suffering boyfriend who will click and point happily with either but isn't so keen as me about photography.
The PT-EP12 housing has a different port however to the PT-EP1 and it's not as flexible (I think it doesn't fit the 60mm which is a shame as this is the rig I'd prefer to be the macro set up with the extra quality of picture).
So if I bought a zen WA-100 dome it would fit either housing for a wide angle lens and the 14-42mm...could I then take the standard port off of the PT-EP1 and stick it on the PT-EP12 to fit the 60mm and use the Zen port on the PT-EP1 for the wide angle I was thinking of buying (probably the 9-14mm as the zoom gear is the same as the 14-42mm I think?).
That way I could use my PT-EP1 for most of my lenses (including a fish eye if I wanted at a later stage) and the PT-EP12 for most of them too.
Is this right? Is it the port not the housing that is the issue with the 12? I don't really want to buy 2-3 different ports and be changing them over. I thought the issue is that Olympus won't be selling the older style longer port as a standalone even though it would fit the 12 (as all the ports fit all the housings?). Or will the 12 need different zoom gear?