Hello gang,
I'm reaching out for some help to try to avoid calling Ikelite tomorrow morning. I'm in Roatan and have a brand new setup I'm using for this trip.
Setup:
Canon 5DSR w/8-15mm fisheye
Ikelite housing
Dual Ikelite DS161 strobes with dual sync cord
I couldn't get the strobes to fire for the life of me today. The camera is brand new as well, but it was firing a 580 speed light just fine before I came down here, so Ive ruled out the hot shoe. I've been able to short the sync cable at the housing port plug and fire both strobes just fine, so I've ruled out the sync cord and strobes as being the issue.
I've adjusted the settings on the camera and tried to fire it both with and without live view with no success. The White balance is set to flash. I've tried automatic mode, P mode, and Manual with no success. I've also read where turning off Silent Shooting in Live view could help. Nothing there seemed to make a difference.
So either I'm missing a setting on the camera, or there is a problem between the hot shoe adapter inside the housing and the bulkhead plug on the housing.
Anyone have anything else I can do to try to trouble shoot? I'm trying to avoid having too many days of down time as I bought all this gear in anticipation for this trip.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Paul