hi there,
I have recently acquired the newest Nauticam vacuum check system (version II), as a replacement of the Backscatter Airlock which i used in the past (the basic one, not electronic).
Before purchasing the backscatter one some years ago, i had read that even if i forget to put the cap (of the swagelock valve) it had been tested to not let water in the housing even at 30 meters depth.
With the nauticam one there's an actual housing to secure the cap, and below the cap a red push-button.
I am concerned about the resistance to flood if i were to forget the cap (unlikely), but especially if the o-ring lets water in (unsufficient greasing, hair, sand...).
What would happen then?
Would it break the valve? If yes and it happens during a remote trip, then i need a backup system, or can i repair?
Would it let water inside the housing (worse!).
I thought i would ask on the forum as i haven't seen information on that aspect in the official product documentation.
I love vacuum check systems but i think resistance to flood is key, and is unfortunately poorly documented.
cheers
Nicolas