Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II and new Nauticam housing

Started by GeoPaul7 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II and new Nauticam housing

4 posts
  1. Does anyone have experience with the new Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II ? I see that Nauticam has a new housing for it. I am considering this camera as a compact solution for ambient light photography. Canon has superior white balance to my new Sony mirrorless, and this camera allows a custom white balance with one operation, rather than the 4 my Sony necessitates.

     

    Anyone out there with experience?

     

    Many thanks.

     

    George Paul

  2. Ambient light photography with a 1" sensor is a bit of a challenge and in any case you can shoot raw so white balance is done in post. Canon compacts except G series have extremely limited battery life and the G7 X port system is not a cheap entry

  3. Thanks Giant Squid. Yes you really do lose things when you go down to a compact. The white balance issues can be corrected in RAW, for stills, but I may need better performance for video. I currently have a Sony a7s II, and just returned from a trip, and got some better results on white balance this time. I have a separate thread on that.

     

    GLP

  4. Canon is not good for video. I have used canon, sony and panasonic. Sony works well with filters white balance is terrible. Panasonic is probably the best compromise between quality flexibility and cost but you need a mirrorless

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.