Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any one using the Canon 24-70 f4L? Have questions!

Started by ITR010342 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Any one using the Canon 24-70 f4L? Have questions!

3 posts
  1. I currently use Ikelite housing and ports for a 6D, switching between a 16-35 f4L and 100L macro. I was looking into the 24-70 f4L lens with my 8" dome because of its zoom range and macro ability as well. The only issue I have is that from what I read, you have to trigger a switch to reach macro range, which cant be done underwater... has anyone found a way to work this with their port? Or am I misinformed about the issue?

     

    Thanks for any help!

  2. I have used the Canon 24-70/4 lens under water. I used it for many of the underwater shots taken this year in Hawaii that are on my website. I used a Seacam Compact Port. It may have a radius that is the same as an 8" hemispherical dome but do now know for sure. I used the lens with a Canon 500D achromatic diopter to focus closer than the minimum focus distance. I had to apply lens correction in post to fix a bit of vignetting. The macro feature is useless in a housing.

  3. Dang... thanks for the help! Seemed like a nice option to get a zoom range and decent macro... Oh well!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.