Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Whats happens to your photos after you died?

Started by LanceG ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Whats happens to your photos after you died?

2 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I asking the question because HUPS has been approach to look at a UW photograph collection of a recently decease gentleman. His family does not want the collection and the senior living center didn't want to throw them away until someone has looked at them 1st.

     

    So does anyone know of an archive or organization that would be interested?

     

     

     

  2. My wife will most likely eventually turn off the computer in our basement that hosts my primary websites....but hopefully this will not happen for a few more decades.

     

    Is the photo collection already fully digitized? (I still have many boxes of my own old negatives waiting in queue to be scanned).

     

    If digital, how much disk space is required?

     

    One of the reasons I self-host is that I am generally way too lazy to cull pictures and end up keeping way more pictures than any "free" or "low cost" photo storage service will allow (this may have changed since I last looked a few years ago?).

     

    I also use an American hosting service for other business needs that essentially allows unlimited disk space (we have several hundred gigabytes in use) for very low cost (about $20 a month).

     

    Are you looking for digitizing or storage?

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.