Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help on Turquoise Sunburst

Started by waisj ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Help on Turquoise Sunburst

4 posts
  1. Help on Turquoise Sunburst

    Hi all,

     

    I've read through Eric's article regarding The Mystery of RAW Converters and

    know of the limitations with regards to sunballs, especially with CS.

     

    I was just wondering what do you guys do in CS to "correct" the Turquoise colour of death in the sunballs?

     

    I'm Using a OLY C5050 by the way.

     

    What can be done in CS for a shot like this?

     

     

     

    sunburst.jpg

     

     

    Cheers and Thanks

    Jason

  2. It looks to me that your sensor was overwhelmed with a lot of green light. Try the channel mixer, pull down the Green Absolute by -4 or -6. Also make sure that the exposure is not clipping on the right side when you do a RAW conversion.

     

    It couldn't hurt to try a different raw converter as well just to see how it does. If you do try that, please post your results.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I doubt that there's much that can be done by changing the RAW conversion. The Olympus 5050 does not have much clipping in the jpeg conversion comparied with the Canon 300D, so there really not much more information in the RAW file than what you see.

     

    I think pulling down the green channel will give the center of the sun spot a magenta cast, so I'm not sure that'll help.

     

    Next time, shoot at a higher shutter speed.

  4. Re: Help on Turquoise Sunburst

    Here's my try:

    sunburst.jpg

     

     

    Hi all,  

     

    I've read through Eric's article regarding The Mystery of RAW Converters and  

    know of the limitations with regards to sunballs, especially with CS.

     

    I was just wondering what do you guys do in CS  to "correct" the Turquoise colour of death in the sunballs?

     

    I'm Using a OLY C5050 by the way.

     

    What can be done in CS for a shot like this?

     

     

     

    sunburst.jpg

     

     

    Cheers and Thanks

    Jason

    img][img]
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.