Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Blotchy blues

Started by katy-kid ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Blotchy blues

4 posts
  1. Sorry all if this has been covered before, I am having this issue repeatedly and wondering if this is something that just comes with shooting in water. I have tried to remove noise, dust and scratches, healing brush, all with no success. What the heck is happening....

     

    Using a canon 5d mkiii with sigma 15mm, this seems to be beyond regular backscatter. Any suggestions would be amazingly helpful, thank you.

     

    post-47530-0-61776300-1472515227_thumb.png

    post-47530-0-35186800-1472515384_thumb.png

  2. Hi Katy

     

    A mix of turbidity and light refraction, I'd suggest, and unavoidable.

     

    I've found that if it really impacts on the image, I've been able to reduce the problem by using (best) the Graduated Filter or (maybe) Adjustment Brush in Lightroom set with reduced clarity and sharpness. By playing around I've usually managed to smooth out the effect.

  3. Hey Tim,

     

    Thanks a ton for this!!! With the graduated filter are you just using dehaze, or are you darkening the exposure? If Florida could just go ahead and fix their water quality issues, this would really make my life so much easier.....

  4. Hey Katy

     

    Well failing FL fixing the water, try using the graduated filter first perhaps darkening with it but more likely reducing Clarity and Sharpness. I find this sort of blurs and merges the blues and a lot of colour unevenness disappears. You could always try turning down (down, I think) the dehaze. But for me at least, its Clarity and Sharpness.

     

    And if that does't work, less have a go on FL's water.....

     

     

    :crazy:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.