I'm looking for recommendations on what kind of setup would be recommended for ambient light shooting of the exterior of ship wrecks, like in Truk Lagoon. I'm brand new to photography (both land and underwater). My concerns are the size of the setup, being able to take wide angle shots of the whole exterior of the wreck in ambient light, and white balance for video clips.
I think I prefer smaller setups (compact or mirrorless) and have never use one of the big DSLR rigs. The compact 1" sensor cameras appeal to me in that aspect. Would a one inch sensor camera like the Canon G7X or Sony RX100 series be good enough with a wide angle or fisheye wet lens?
I own a Sony a6000 (as well as the 16mm f2.8 lens + fisheye converter VCL-ECF2) but not a housing or the appropriate port. I got this to learn basic photography; it's an option to use but I'm open to others too. Would the a6000 do well for ambient light shooting photos and video in depths from 100 to 200 feet?
My main concern with sony (And all non-canon cameras) is that the white balance seems poor, so for video that could be a problem. However, at depths past 80 feet is white balance pointless?
Thanks for any feedback.