Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

surfing

Started by mantashrimpman ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

surfing

9 posts
  1. surfing

    anyone here take pictures of surfing or other fast action water sports. im not really intrested in the guys who sit on the beach with those 20lbs lenses but i want to talk to the guys who get out in the danger zone and get those crazy water shots. i would like to also know of any sites that i can go to to learn more about this type of photography.

    mike

  2. Well we decided to have a little fun one day when one of our surfboards was in the shop...so we took our camera/housing (D100 in Titan Housing) along with the 12-24mm lens for some fun in the surf. You can see some of our pictures (sorry don't know how to upload) at www.homepage.mac.com/echorowe under Summer Fun. With the dome port/housing it was a bit heavy but since you are up to your neck in water wasn't too big of a deal. Getting CLOSE was key (just be wary of lifeguards and other surfers). Then of course trying to avoid water spots was a challenge...but all in all a great experiment!

  3. Surfing at Scripps/La Jolla Shores - too cool! I can actually see my dad's office window in some of those pictures...:-)

     

    I like this shot - what style!

     

    Image-B23C3CEAF0CF11D8.jpg

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Now I am just a little embarrassed! Just another fun way to use your underwater housing ; )

     

    Thanks, James!

     

    Echo

  5. No problem! I just clicked on the little button that says "img" and then entered the URL of the photo. Then I clicked the button that now said "*ing" Try it, it's easy!

     

    I wish I was there surfing w/ you guys. I am from San Diego but I live in Texas now where the water is brown. We do get some big surf when the hurricanes hit though...:-) I have always wanted to take my housing out, but the water is just too brown...

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Hey Echo, I surfed a bit, was never very good, but would love to get the housing out there someday.....

     

    SO is that Gina as in Gina and Marc Hall? Sorry, don't know her last name but I can tell by her trim underwater...... my DIR buddies dive with her occasionally, ad I was on a boat with her in LA a couple months ago.

     

    Chris

  7. Hi Chris,

     

    Yes the Gina in my photos is the same...Gina Castillo, my best dive buddy and a great friend! She ROCKS! She is learning to put up with a newbie photographer : ) I might have to get her out in the surf taking pictures while Andrew and I surf...hmmmm.

     

    Echo

  8. Actually, I knew her nickname last name,,, tank b***h - self annointed, by the way, NOT my description, LOL

     

    Tell her ChrisM (from the Sundiver) says hi :-)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.