Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony RX-100 mk2 + Meikon Housing

Started by islandboysrule ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony RX-100 mk2 + Meikon Housing

4 posts
  1. Hello!

    Brand new to the forum (newly registered). I've been shooting underwater for about a year now, primarily with my GoPro Hero 3 Silver and Sea-Life DC1400 (with Video light and strobe). On my last dive trip, I signed the Sea-Life divorce papers and bought a second hand Sony RX-100 Mk2 and a brand new Meikon housing.

     

    I test the new Rig next week at a fresh water spring here in Texas.

     

    Any one else using this or similar setup?

     

    I plan to rig the housing on the Sea-Life tray so I can use the video light and possibly the strobe.

     

     

  2. Hi there islandboysrule,

     

    I am doing the same as you. I have just bought a 2nd hand RX100 II and have ordered a Meikon casing. I've gone for the all aluminium one + dome port + double arm tray. Quality seems very good but I've only used it in the pool so far.

     

    Will be using it without a strobe on my first few dives around Malaysia as I try to decide which strobe to go for. I have a decent video light so I'll throw that on initially.

     

    Did you go for the plastic housing or the ally one?

     

    Cheers

  3. Got the housing and tested it over the weekend at a local fresh water site - no issues!

    I got the plastic housing as I don't think they make an ally for the Mk2 camera? maybe they do. I tested the camera without the wide angle lens. I would say that the controls were easy - my challenge was camera setup...I plan to spend the next few days before my next trip (Tobago) to play with the camera in the housing (learning how to navigate the controls).

     

    I'll get a pic of my rig and post it soon.

     

    Cheers!

  4. Anyone attached an external flash/strobe to the Meikon Housing for the Sony RX-100?

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.