Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

a6000/a6300 with Ikelite housing?

Started by makologic ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

a6000/a6300 with Ikelite housing?

1 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    Just getting started here, looking for a "real" kit I can use here in Palm Beach, FL, for stills and video. Mostly looking to do "big" stuff like goliaths, sharks, wrecks, etc. I GoPro'd for a while and now want to start getting images I can blow up on metal shiny prints.

     

    Anyway, looking at the gear offerings out there, I have pretty much decided on the Sony a6000 or a6300 if I can afford it. For housings, I am leaning towards the Ikelite over nauticam or Sea and Sea because of budget and cheaper ports if I get new glass. For now I'll probably use the kit lens until i can justify something more interesting.

     

    Looking for input on the ikelite housing with the a6000 if anyone has used it? I anticipate using ambient light initially to see how that goes. Also want something with a dome that I can use for "split" shots as we fish a lot and I want to get fish/boat pics as we release them.

     

    At the end of the day I want something I can add on to as my needs/interests change. Looked at the Meikon but seems limiting if I decide to change glass.

     

    Most of my dives are 60-90 feet, usually good to great visibility.

     

    thanks in advance! and if you have any equipment you are selling, pm me!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.