Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D500 macro

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D500 macro

14 posts
  1. Here are few macro examples taken on a single dive during the week with the Nikon D500 with 60mm Macro and 1.4x Kenko teleconverter. Unfortunately the conditions were better suited to wide angle and local visability had cleared up and lots of Grey Nurse Sharks coming right up to you, but managed to find some interesting macro subjects.

     

    Highlight was finding a large Yellow Kneed Sea Spider.

     

    post-23448-0-54974700-1476626554_thumb.jpg

     

    post-23448-0-11677400-1476626589_thumb.jpg

     

    post-23448-0-84408900-1476626621_thumb.jpg

     

     

  2. post-23448-0-01475900-1476626741_thumb.jpg

     

    Grey Nurse Shark with the 60mm and 1.4x Kenko Teleconverter

    post-23448-0-77044700-1476626766_thumb.jpg

    post-23448-0-40068400-1476626882_thumb.jpg

  3. post-23448-0-16972000-1476627120_thumb.jpg

     

    post-23448-0-47222700-1476627153_thumb.jpg

     

    post-23448-0-18981900-1476627198_thumb.jpg

     

    Collection of local nudibranchs

  4. Hi,
    nice shots!
    Wanted to go for a trip to the adriatic sea end of october,
    but looks like the housing for my D500 will not be here in time, and now my buddies are breaking away....
    Hope to be in the water soon.....

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  5. Hi Wolfgang,

     

    Sorry to hear that your housing wont be there in time, BTW which housing are you getting for your D500? The D500 is currently ticking all the boxes for what I want in a camera. I am waiting for summer season here with clear warm water and Manta's and Leopard Sharks.

     

    Cheers Mark

  6. Nice pics mate, really like the shark macro.

  7. Nice shots Mark. I have a 60mm Macro and 1.4x Kenko, but never shot with them together! What extension do you use?

  8. Howard I use the Aquatica macro port with extension #18462. It makes the 60mm Macro more versatile and its my primary macro lens for when I do rarely shoot macro.

     

    Regards Mark

  9. [attachment=37241:007wp (Medium).jpg

     

    Wobbegong Eye shots

    attachicon.gif098wp (Medium).jpg

     

    Grey Nurse Shark with the 60mm and 1.4x Kenko Teleconverter

    I really like the nurse shark shot

  10. I really like the nurse shark shot

     

    It was one of those days where the wide angle subjects where in your face and all I had on was a macro lens.

     

    Cheers Mark

  11. Very nice photos, Mark. What strobes and ISO setting are you using?

    I now have a Nikkor 105D to replace a Nikkor 105VR which I found difficult to focus with. If the 105D is also a pain to focus, your idea of the Tokina 100 macro is next for me.

     

    Best, Elias

  12. Elias,

     

    I use Ikelite Ds161 strobes as I am mainly a WA shooting. ISO varies between shot but its betwen ISO100-320.

     

    I found that the Tokina with the D500 focuses very fast and I will test this again with Dioptres next week when I go to Tulamben, Bali for a week.

     

    Regards Mark

  13. mark which nikon lens 60mm do you use with the teleconverter i am guessing the old af d type ?. its just i want to use my 60mm nikon the af s with a teleconverter and was told it won`t work. can you clarify this for me please? ps nice pics!

  14. mark which nikon lens 60mm do you use with the teleconverter i am guessing the old af d type ?. its just i want to use my 60mm nikon the af s with a teleconverter and was told it won`t work. can you clarify this for me please? ps nice pics!

     

    Yes Steve I use the older AF D 60mm.

     

    Regards Mark

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.