Hey Guys,
So i have an canon 5d mkiii in Ikelite housing with 2x inon z240's and ikelite electrical sync cable.
Up until recently everything was working fine but on the last couple of outings i have assembled the equipment done a couple test shots and everything works. I get in the water and then strobes stop firing.
Now it's strange but if i shake the housing up and down or turn it upside down then the strobes will work again for one or two shots or until i turn it the right way up.
Back on dry land sometimes it will continue to intermittently function so while this has been happening i have tested my standard speedlight unit directly on camera and it fires everytime. I have tried firing the strobes manually using a paper clip on the ikelite hot shoe connection and again they seem to fire everytime...
I have cleaned the hotshoe on camera and ikelite housing connection.
Strobes were bought brand new 3 months ago and they both stop firing at the same time so i doubt it's an issue with them.
I would have said the sync cable or something in the housing electronics but to me there is no completely obvious conclusion?
If any of you out there could shed any light on the issue it would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Grant