Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Island of the Gods - Bali

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Island of the Gods - Bali

9 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    I wanted to share my most recent short film. This time focusing on the magical world of Bali Indonesia. This film was one of the lucky 10 minute films accepted into the San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition. It's got a good variety of dialogue, aerial shots, and of course underwater, macro and wide angle.

     

    Curious to hear what your feedback is. Any constructive criticism is always appreciated.

    Enjoy!

     

    Dustin

     

  2. Loved it. I actually loved the intro, the aerials. Everything. So much nicer than the standard diving videos, which most of us are guilty of - straight into the underwater stuff.

     

    Really lead you into the area you were diving.

     

    Lovely mix of WA, divers, macro.

     

    And again. That bloody Canon of yours really showing us how MWB should work. Deep blues and lovely balanced foregrounds.

     

    Only thing I would say. Would be to add a bit of post stabilisation to the underwater stuff on the parts where you are going over / pass stuff. But I'll being real picky !

     

    Again. Great stuff!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. I really liked the video, gorgeous! good work!

    I would like to know which camera rig do you use.

     

    Cheers.

  4. Awesome stuff, Dustin!

  5. Great video - maybe your best yet, and that's saying a lot!

  6. Loved it. I actually loved the intro, the aerials. Everything. So much nicer than the standard diving videos, which most of us are guilty of - straight into the underwater stuff.

     

    Really lead you into the area you were diving.

     

    Lovely mix of WA, divers, macro.

     

    And again. That bloody Canon of yours really showing us how MWB should work. Deep blues and lovely balanced foregrounds.

     

    Only thing I would say. Would be to add a bit of post stabilisation to the underwater stuff on the parts where you are going over / pass stuff. But I'll being real picky !

     

    Again. Great stuff!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I appreciate it. Thanks for watching it. Yes the Canon is the best for WB. Thats why I waited for the 1dxII for my next upgrade.

    I really liked the video, gorgeous! good work!

    I would like to know which camera rig do you use.

     

    Cheers.

     

    I used the Canon 5dII on this particular video. With a 16-35F4L, and 100mm MAcro. aerial was a dji inspire 1

    Awesome stuff, Dustin!

    I apprecaite that. Thanks for watching it.

    Great video - maybe your best yet, and that's saying a lot!

     

    I appreciate that. From a story standpoint, I would agree with you. It was fun to make it. Trying to figure out what my next one is going to be....

  7. Thoroughly enjoyed the video, great work!

  8. Superb!

  9. Thoroughly enjoyed the video, great work!

     

    Thanks!

    Superb!

    Thank you Ali!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.