Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

SubSea +10 vs. the OEM Nauticam SMC?

Started by SCUBA Hank ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

SubSea +10 vs. the OEM Nauticam SMC?

2 posts
  1. Anyone have an opinion on Diopters? I am looking at the SubSea +10 or the Nauticam SMC for my Nikon 60mm lens.

     

    I want to understand the 'real' trade off between them. I know the working distance is better on the Nauticam but the price is also double.

     

     

    Basically I am confused because nobody really recommends a Diopter for a 60mm macro lens, they all mention they work better on the 105mm's etc.

     

     

    Anyone have any experience?

     

     

    -Hank

    Edited by SCUBA Hank
  2.  

    Basically I am confused because nobody really recommends a Diopter for a 60mm macro lens, they all mention they work better on the 105mm's etc.

     

     

     

    Hello Hank,

     

    I am one of those who does´t even bother to carry a diopter lens with the 60mm because the focusing distance is so close to the port that it is hardly worth it (hard to light etc...), specially a +10 one.

     

    I have not tried the Nauticam, so I can´t comment on it, but I own Subsee and Saga, and I would choose the Saga one.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.