We have recently completed our journey crossing the Banda Sea Volcanic Arc ("Ring of Fire") from Alor to Ambon. What an amazing journey! 700 nautical miles and only now and then some tiny islands.... If you exclude Ambon, which was a bit busier, we probably only saw 3 or 4 other liveaboards and expedition boats during the entire two week trip.
Attached a short clip from the Banda Islands where we stayed for two days. I am planning to put out a few more on youtube as I find the time (one more is already out there, featuring Manuk, Indonesia's most eastern volcano).
Both land and underwater stuff filmed in 4k on the well proven Sony AX100, underwater shots in a Gates Housing.
Looks like a great trip, thanks.
Loved it. [emoji1303]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Banda Sea crossing is our favorite.
What ship were you on?
Very nice indeed. Did you use the magenta filter?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for all your kind comments.
The Banda Sea crossing is our favorite.
What ship were you on?
It was the Samata Liveaboard.
The crossing is fun, but you don't get much sleep with that much cruising, particularly as some passages where quite rough :-) But its quite an experience. only shame was that the hammerheads made themselves a bit rare. Just single ones cruising the reef here and there. One huge school of probably 100 of them at Serua, but they were at almost 40 meters so I could not get down enough on NITROX gas to get good shots.
Very nice indeed. Did you use the magenta filter?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I was using the magenta filter for all wide angle. Flipped it aside for some of the macro stuff
Yes, I was using the magenta filter for all wide angle. Flipped it aside for some of the macro stuff
I noticed a few shots with lights too - were they on, in conjunction with the filter?
Yes, the lights (I was using Keldan 4x) and the filter dont really get into the way of each other. Just on close Macro I swivel the filter out of the way to avoid getting too warm color balance.