Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Off camera flash for a newbie

Started by Keith1974 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Off camera flash for a newbie

3 posts
  1. I am new to photography and have an Olympus Em5 mk1. I am undertaking a photography course and have to shoot a portrait for my next assignment.

     

    I am looking to use an off camera flash but am not sure what to purchase that would work with my Olympus.

     

    We also have a Nikon 5300 in the house so an off camera flash that would work with both would be great. If this isn't possible I understand.

     

    Can someone recommend a flash I can purchase to help me achieve what I want?

     

    Thank you

  2. For underwater use? Sounds like dry land use... Yongnuo sells cheap radio triggers, and speedlights but I think the triggers are split by nikon or canon. You could always buy a $20 physical cable or set the speedlight in manual mode where it looks for a flash to fire, and use the flash on the camera as well.

  3. No for normal use - I have been to my local camera exchange and bought one. Thanks for answering.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.