Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

E-PL5 or E-PL6 Underwater mode Manual exposure

Started by Timz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

E-PL5 or E-PL6 Underwater mode Manual exposure

5 posts
  1. HI E-PL Users,

    I'm currently using Olympus E-PL6(which is very similar to E-PL5) with a M.Zuiko EZ 12-50mm lens (Kit lens for OMD-EM5 mk II) in the PT-EP10 housing. The only way to control my zoom now is to switch the mode to Underwater mode. At least, I can still choose all out or all in. However, in this mode, I couldn't control my exposure manually. I can only control the exposure compensation which limits everything I do.

    Another method which I just thought off a minute ago is by customizing a button as a short cut button to switch to underwater mode. Then press the customized button zoom in or out depending on your shot, then press and hold the customized button to exit the underwater mode and go back to manual exposure mode.

    My quick question is, is there any other method I can use to zoom in or out at the same time allow me to control my exposure fully without buying a zoom gear..?

    Thanks.

  2. I just got this lens, but have not had it underwater. I decided to order the zoom gear from "Deepshots" for about $80 including shipping. The fact that the English pound is really weak right now helps.

  3. I just got this lens, but have not had it underwater. I decided to order the zoom gear from "Deepshots" for about $80 including shipping. The fact that the English pound is really weak right now helps.

    Thanks buddy. But the Malaysian Ringgit isn't strong...

     

    Haha... I might have to make my own gear... Thanks

  4. Thanks buddy. But the Malaysian Ringgit isn't strong...

     

    Haha... I might have to make my own gear... Thanks

    Ah, sorry. Anyhow, from reading up before I ordered my gear, I do think you can do what you want. Switch into the underwater modes to advance the zoom to one limit or the other and then switch back into manual or whatever. It'll be a little fiddly, but better than nothing.

  5. a9ec58ca59e400ae2bc166a849d5f345.jpg

     

    I ended up making my own zoom gear that will fit both my M.Zuiko 60mm macro and M.Zuiko 12-50mm EZ lenses

     

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.