Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Shooting with mixed Strobe?

Started by chanwt12000 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Shooting with mixed Strobe?

5 posts
  1. Hi All,

    I have been trying to search the answer for this question for awhile with no luck.

    I have an Inon Z240 and wonder if I can borrow my friend Sea and Sea strobe and works them as a twin strobe setup.

     

    I will be shooting full manual and I am pretty sure I can fire up both the strobes together, however, I would like to know if there are any other down side of this setup other than slightly different white balance may be?

     

    Thank in advance

     

  2. Typically.. The sea and sea ones are warmer. The close power is term of light.. Is ys d1 or ys d2

  3. and Hi,
    you have to try out, how the power settings will stay in relationship...

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  4. Hi!

     

    I used to use an Inon Z220 with a Nikonos strobe without any obvious problems. I was able to slave one strobe off the other. I couldn't detect any noticeable colour differences.

  5. Hi all,

    Thx for your comments.

    I did it once when I dived Lambeth Strait last years.

    Yes, I did get the setup working and I did not see any obvious problem in my photos too.

    But I simply do not see this kind of mix-up very often on internet forum so I raise it here to see if there are any hidden disadvantage or limitation that i miss.

     

    Thx. anyway.

     

    Looking forward to learn from here:-)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.