Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

NOOB, to Wet Pixel, Need Underwater Camera with Bigger Screen

Started by Bamagrad75 ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

NOOB, to Wet Pixel, Need Underwater Camera with Bigger Screen

9 posts
  1. First I only snorkel but an serious about it. Caribbean, Africa, Australia & South Pacific in 4 months. Only time I go underwater is when I am Great White Shark Cage Diving & that's not more than 10-12 feet.

     

    On my 2nd or 3rd Olympus TG but I'm old (wear multifocal lenses in my mask) & that stupid 3" screen is getting darn hard for me to see. I don't mind spending the money for something if it has a bigger screen because I can always share it with my daughter who does dive. I also do a good bit of night snorkeling.

     

    Current set up is Olympus on tray with 2 GoBe Lights & GoPro Hero4 Black on the side.

     

    Is there anything out there that is an underwater camera, even if I have to go to a housing, with a much larger viewing screen?

     

    Thanks for any advice.

  2. Oops, getting late and I misread the original message...

    Edited by Dobber
  3. Umm, thanks but I mentioned that I already have presciption lenses in my mask.

  4. Have a look at the EasyDive Leo3 housing for the iPhone 6/7. Not bad camera these days and a big bright 5.5" screen on the back.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Thanks but don't do iphone.

     

    Looking for serious camera equipment.

  6. Sorry Bamagrad75. [emoji853] best idea I could think of. you are out of luck I think, unless you want to spend $2000+ on an external 7" viewfinder for a $3000 camera.

     

    Cant find any camera with a screen bigger than 3.5" [emoji20]

     

     

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Yeah, I came to the same conclusion as Richard. I don't think there are cameras out there with larger screens. Hasselblad maybe. Gulp.

  8. Also,

     

    I see that the Leo3 housing actually takes more than just iPhones....

     

    http://www.easydive.it/en/leo-3-smart/437-kit-leo3-smart-basic.html

     

    iOS: Apple (Iphone, all updated models to the Last iOS version from i-phone 5 to 7plus).

    Samsung (S6 and S7 Edge),
    Huawei (P8 Lite and P9 Lite),
    Sony xperia Z2.

    For other models of android smartphones, the compatibility check is required by Easydive.
    

  9. You may consider using a underwater magnifier, nauticam proposes some for compact housing, rgblue propose something too, don't know for other manufacturers. And maybe on diy side using some ucl165 lens in front of the screen with arms.

     

    Did not tried any of this, just pointing out options. (I plan to try the diy way one day)

     

    Cheers

    Edited by Oo__

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.