Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Media Drum World

Started by Alison Perkins ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Media Drum World

3 posts
  1. Has anyone received email approaches from Media Drum World? I received an email that looked very generic, like a bulk send, so I ignored it. They followed up with a second email that looks a bit more human. Just wondering if it's a time waster.

    I contacted you to explore whether you might be interested in working together on a photo-project.

    Can you please let me know your thoughts?

     

     

    http://www.mediadrumworld.com/new/wordpress/

  2. Not best practice to join a forum solely to reply to one post, however, in the best interests of persons approached by Media Drum World in the future or at present, I'd no choice. I too was emailed out of the blue one day by Media Drum World, I was delighted and agreed to supply the images they sourced from me, in fact, we signed an agreement whereby they would split all earnings equally on that occasion and thereafter. For the best part of two years, our arrangement was in place, until, I noticed my work in circulation and unaccounted for. It took me a long time to collate the uses in different papers, magazines and on different websites, fifteen or twenty in total. I was made to wait months for payments. I bore the brunt of poor communication and terrible excuses on part of the Media Drum World accounts 'team'. In no way, shape or form would I recommend Media Drum World as an agency to best represent anybody's work in the long term where, owing to huge payment delays, the effort vs reward equation is not in the contributor's favor

    Edited by adamhanlon
  3. I work for Media Drum at present and as an agency we really to try to put our photographers at the heart of what we do (placing images into news media outlets).

    We work hard to source great material and work with contributors to place their material into some of the best known sites and publications.

    It can sometimes take a little time for clients to pay us, however we continually push for these to go through and we are transparent in providing updates. 

    We are sorry if in this instance we did not match your expectations and if we can in anyway improve or resolve your problem, please do contact us.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.