Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

running photshopcs

Started by m&m ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

running photshopcs

2 posts
  1. running photshopcs

    I would love to be able to edit pictures while traveling. I am going to be purchasing Photoshop cs. I also will be upgrading to a new lap top—possibly a sony A series with a centrino 1.7ghz, 512 ram, 80gb, 15 xbrite screen. Has anybody have experience running ps on lap tops? Can these screens be calibrated well? Or am I better off using my old dell with a Trinitron crt.

     

    Thanks for your input, mark

  2. It depends on what you mean by calibrated well. You need to find out the level of adjustment that is posible on the TFT screen, and then figure out if the calibration software you are going to use is compatible.

     

    I use a laptop (Sony Vaio) to do a large amount of work in CS while heading back to the harbor on day boats, and when traveling. Regardless of the result, I then always check/tweak the image on my primary desktop before printing. I do not attempt to "properly" calibrate the laptop.

     

    I think a fast new laptop with lots of ram is a great way to go.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.