Hello everyone,
Just a question for anyone that has any new line of mirrorless camera that has in body stabilization on the sensor.... I am currently using my partners Sony a7 and I have had a Olympus OMD-EM mk ii in the past but recently sold it looking to also buy my self a Sony.
I'm quite familiar with how smooth the axis stabilization was on land with the EM5 but never had the chance to shoot with it under water. From my understanding the stabilization will help a lot in underwater photography allowing the user to gain a few extra stops but my main question is how well does this system work making smooth nice video footage when shooting video underwater ? Has anyone noticed much difference whilst shooting video if they have it in body or not ?
My main reason is that I'm shooting video underwater most days for work as a videographer for our customers on the day boat and am trying to decide if I should bother purchasing a Sony a7 mk2 to get the in body stabilization or not.....
It's quite a price hike up, and then a new housing would need to be purchased so does anyone see it as a worth while upgrade if primarily shooting video, I'd love to be able to purchase a a7s but it's out of my budget.
Reason I'm asking this is Sony's cash back at the moment makes the base model a7 able to be purchased new for $860 AUD which is dirt cheap, I also wouldn't need to fork out another $2k for a housing for the mk 2 upgrade and I was considering then purchasing a gimbal for shooting smooth footage on land.
Thanks for anyones opinions or feedback !
Cheers,
Trent