Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Equipment for sale

Started by begelr ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment for sale

6 posts
  1. Hi All

    I am selling a full set of underwater equipment for my Olympus OM-D EM-5, this includes:

     

    1. Nauticam Housing NA-EM5

    2. Nauticam 36162 Macro port and zoom gear set

    3. Nauticam M16 Vacum Valve II with push button release

    4. INON Z-240 Strobe Type 4

    5. Nauticam optical fiber cable

    6. Ultralight, arms balls, and clamps

     

    I jumped in with both feet and now know that it is too much for me. While I am a very experienced diver, I have little or no experience with photography, and this is just too sophisticated for me. The equipment has literally been used on three dives, so the equipment is basically brand new, all with original boxes and packaging. I am willing to discount this equipment pretty aggressively. If you want the camera as well so it is a complete set, that can be accomplished as well.

     

    Thank you

     

    Roger

    begelr239@gmail.com

  2. Hey Roger

     

    Really sorry to read that the gear you bought proved a little over-whelming. Sadly it happens once in a while.

     

    I'm sure what you have for sale will be of interest to Wetpixelers. Maybe add some prices so people know what you are aiming to get?

     

    Good luck with the sale!

  3. May I suggest you do an underwater workshop.

    Your system is not so complicated that with some handholding you could learn how to get great photos.

    For example, Phil Rudin is the olympus underwater guru and he runs workshops.

     

    Elmer

  4. Thank you Elmer, Blue water photo suggested the same.

    I ran into so many problems, I could not see the monitor because of glare, and could not get the focus mechanism to work properly. When the flash did go off was over exposing everything. Like I said, I have little or no experience with photography, (basic point and shoot photos of my wife on vacation) I simply bit off more than I could deal with. live and learn.

    Roger

  5. Roger,

     

    Your camera can be setup like a point and shoot using ttl with your flash.

    You just need someone to help you set it up.

    Underwater photography is addictive and enjoyable

     

    Elmer

  6. Those sort of problems are not at all unusual when you're starting out. It isn't the easiest of skills to master and it takes time and patience. Initial frustration seems to me to be the norm.

     

    I guess the important thing is are you having fun - or do you think you might?

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.