Hi Fred,
Traditional:
I have only commented once before, to the best of my memory, about this photo contest
1. In 2013, we had an extended discussion about the cost of entry fees for OWU, which you felt were expensive.
2. After the contest, you felt that Sam Cahir's winning mako shark image, that was taken in the Neptune Islands, off South Australia (not Rhode Island as you state), had been captured using bait. The rules at that time stated that the use of live bait was prohibited. In the case of the image in question, no live bait was used. Hence there was no breach of the rules.
3. In 2014, you pointed out that the Rules page for the contest was briefly down, for which our thanks.
4. We had a break in 2015, but it seems that you are having issues with OWU in 2016 again. Actually, you are now having an issue with the 2015 result, so maybe we didn't have a break... 
Definition of macro.
I understand your desire to understand the way the contest's rules are interpreted.
And because the clownfish in Luc's picture is at a magnification of considerably smaller than 1:1, I was asking/suggesting that the contest definition of "macro" ought to be changed to include magnifications of less than life-size.
As I pointed out in my reply above, when graphical elements significantly contribute to an image, they are considered a part of the subject. Hence the subject of Lu's excellent image is not only the anemone fish, but is also the graphical element of the image too. Hence the image size is at or greater than life-size.
In this instance, you are defining what the subject of this image is wrongly. The rules have been correctly interpreted and enforced by the judging panel and contest administrators. You are completely incorrect is stating that the rules were not enforced.
I made no comment as my liking or not liking Luc's winning photograph.
I am pretty sure I made no mention about whether you liked it or not in my reply, so it seem strange that might chose to suggest that I did?
Your offer:
I would be happy to talk with you and offer some suggestions and ideas of things that you might be able to do to make this possible
Thank you for your offer to share ideas on how I might "make my living as an underwater photographer". I think we may be at cross purposes regarding my desire to make a living from underwater photography. I guess I am fortunate in that I do indeed actually already derive the bulk of my income from taking images underwater although I am alway open to learning more.
Again, many thanks. I am based in the UK however, so meeting up in the US is probably unlikely given both our hectic travel schedules.
I hope this gives you clarity on why I referred to your complaints about the OWU contest as 'traditional" and also clarity on the way the rules were enforced in the case of the image in question. I trust this settles the issue and that there is hence no need for any further posts in this regard.
All the best
Adam