Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Is this Instagram account stealing YOUR photos?

Started by Alison Perkins ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this Instagram account stealing YOUR photos?

6 posts
  1. There are a lot of familiar images on this Instagram account. Maybe they are there legitimately, but I'm suspicious.

     

    https://www.instagram.com/spotmydive/

     

    Not many photo credits in there...

  2. It looks suspicious.

  3. It seems obvious that they are, but unless you can identify a photo as "yours", it doesn't appear that you can do much about it.

  4. I think the site is not claiming they are their original pictures and there is attribution for many photos. I guess the real question is "Does Paul Nicklin give them permission to use for example the Narwhal shots"

     

    Bill

  5. Well, this is 7 months on from the original post. There look like a lot more photo credits there now. But I suspect they still don't have permission for the most part.

  6. Should be called SpotMyCopyrightInfingement :angry2:/uploads/1861.gif" />

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.