Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Smart Media - MAN DOWN

Started by Giles ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Smart Media - MAN DOWN

4 posts
  1. Smart Media - MAN DOWN

    Ok I have had some incurring problems recently

     

    first .. my Smart Media 128mb card started making folders that had no meaning whatsoever, and were all empty, and normally about 30 folders with very random names.

    Sometimes had issues formatting card, but then just the other day I am on a dive, when i take 4 photos I get told, CARD FULL. I was annopyed but anyway .. I deleted one photo which I didnt care for too much to see what happened, I then went to take another and it told me CARD FULL 0 photos left after i tried to take the photo but without actually taking one. I tried formatting the card, but it didnt do anything whilst in P or A/S/M or Movie mode, it just left it at 0 photos.

    I tried in Photo viewing mode, when i turned this mode on it automatically asked if I would like to format the card, so i clicked yes, it just crashed the camera after about 5 minutes. I tried that a few times.

     

    When I got home I tried putting the card in my PC card reader, only to find it doesnt even register it as a card any more and attempts to format it give me messages like .. theres nothing here to format !

     

    anyone ever seen this ... anyone know if it can be fixed ?

     

    Giles

  2. I don't know if this could be part of your problem, but I had some problems with media card in 4040. The card reader contacts needed cleaned was all that was wrong. Ritz Camera sold a kit for a few dollars. Olympus Support told me to put drop of alcohol on the card and slide it in and out of the camera a few times.

  3. Thanks for the response ... I'll try that ... did it get your card and camera working again ?

  4. Yes, all was well after card reader was cleaned.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.