Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Best bang for the buck mirrorless/m4/3 for video only.

Started by Pajjpen ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Best bang for the buck mirrorless/m4/3 for video only.

8 posts
  1. Ok so I've recently been browsing for a new camera, as its finally time to retire my GoPros.

    I'd like to get your opinion on cameras (note for video only as I don't want to shoot stills) that produce great results, while not being overly expensive, although price comes in second after quality.

    Manual wb being good is a priority and beyond that I'm all up for ideas.

    Try to include why you would opt for one or the other camera too, along with pros and cons.

    Cheers!

    Edited by Pajjpen
  2. I am really struggling to find a camera that can perform a nice custom white balance. Is there really no nice options out there for the videographer, unless I go dslr (which I won't)

  3. Ok so I've recently been browsing for a new camera, as its finally time to retire my GoPros.

    I'd like to get your opinion on cameras (note for video only as I don't want to shoot stills) that produce great results, while not being overly expensive, although price comes in second after quality.

    Manual wb being good is a priority and beyond that I'm all up for ideas.

    Try to include why you would opt for one or the other camera too, along with pros and cons.

    Cheers!

     

    Panasonic GH2 is your option..one can pickup bodies/housing really cheap nowadays and its great for video (especially with custom firmware)

    Or if you have a bit more cash, go for GH4.

  4. Panasonic GH2 is your option..one can pickup bodies/housing really cheap nowadays and its great for video (especially with custom firmware)

    Or if you have a bit more cash, go for GH4.

    Thanks for the input. I did actually look at the gh4 but the info I managed to gather was that the manual wb wasn't too great. I haven't looked at the gh2 yet tho, will have a look now.

    If I were to opt for the gh4, how much do you reckon 1 macro + 1 wide angle lens + ports and dome would cost? As I could probably find a used gh4 with housing, but the lenses and ports costs just as much ( this was a shocker for me, being a GoPro user haha)

    Edited by Pajjpen
  5. If you're video-only, I'd take a serious look at the Sony AX100 camcorder in a Gates Housing. Used options are coming up now and then. Have a look at classifieds here. A lot of its WB-issues can be easily fixed by using a magenta filter instead of a red filter.

     

    bubffm

  6. I have decided to go for the Panasonic gx80. I don't like filters and want to be able to custom white balance.

  7. Thanks for the input. I did actually look at the gh4 but the info I managed to gather was that the manual wb wasn't too great. I haven't looked at the gh2 yet tho, will have a look now.

    If I were to opt for the gh4, how much do you reckon 1 macro + 1 wide angle lens + ports and dome would cost? As I could probably find a used gh4 with housing, but the lenses and ports costs just as much ( this was a shocker for me, being a GoPro user haha)

     

    GH4 set around 3500+$ + i would say...if you lucky that is :)

    GH2 on the other hand probably for about 2000 or so....camera and housing are super cheap nowadays, if 2nd hand that is.

     

    either way, enjoy GX80 :)

  8.  

    GH4 set around 3500+$ + i would say...if you lucky that is :)

    GH2 on the other hand probably for about 2000 or so....camera and housing are super cheap nowadays, if 2nd hand that is.

     

    either way, enjoy GX80 :)

    I got a pretty good deal on a gh4 so I bought it. Shipping was pretty expensive for the US to Sweden but I'm happy I got it!

     

     

    Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.